Re: RADIUS TAKING NEAR 100% CPU RESOURCES

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 00:35:26 -0700 ()

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Ghosts in the Machine wrote:

> no correlation to the perfomance monitor. It's as if the RADIUS is
> continually checking with it's ACCESS database or trying to log people

Its most likely JET/ODBC. The MS Access engine really is a terrible
solution for large setups. I've seen it take 10-20 seconds to
return a query for RadiusNT, and damn near cripple a machine with
all its memory leaks and such. None of this happens with RadiusNT
and the SQL Server driver, which IS geared for that kind of thing.
I have seen this hapen with other products besides RadiusNT that
use MS Access as well.

Dale