Re: Unsuccessful Login

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 30 May 1997 10:40:56 -0400

> From: Justin Thomas <justint@stellarcom.com>
> Every time I try to bring up emerald.exe I get this error Unsuccessful
Login.

Are you logging in from a Windows 95 machine through a dilaup connection or
are you logging on from a computer directly on the network or what?

I had the same problem yesterday when trying to log on using my notebook
computer (using 95 at the time). I had removed "Client for Microsoft
networking" from Control Panel / Network a few days ago, while testing
something and forgot to put it back on. As soon as I reinstalled the
client, I was able to log into Emerald just fine.

Aside from that stuff, make sure that the user you're logging into Emerald
as, has proper permissions for Emerald/database. Can you log in using the
"sa" login?

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com