RE: NT SERVER - MAC VOLUMES

Phil Thomas ( phil@aci.net )
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 16:18:27 -0700

You are missing the point, there is more functionality in NT than
Novell has at the moment, and a much larger software base than Novell.

Philip Thomas, Operations Engineer
Amber Communications Incorporated
phil@aci.net phil.pager@aci.net
702.332.5555 702.786.5541 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross James [SMTP:rjames@dytec.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 1997 4:02 PM
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Re: NT SERVER - MAC VOLUMES

Sympathies.
NT has some applications, but .... The Netware server will out
perform the NT server with less resources, will support namespaces of
multiple operating systems and is easier to manage as well.

>>> Jason <jason@synergy.nwfdailynews.com> 08/01/97 02:24am >>>
We are a rather large newspaper, and we are ditching our Novell
Network
and going to NT Server and planning to run NT Workstation on all
other
machines. We do have some Mac machines that will be on the network
using
TCP/IP. My boss is wanting to bring in a seperate Apple Server to
service
just the Mac machines..

My question(s) are:

1) How well does NT talk with MACS on TCP/IP?

2) Does MAC write in its native file system or is it translated to
the NT naming sequence?

3) What kinda hardware and system resources do I need to expect for
13 graphically intense workstations?

Thanks in advance. With all the problems with the List.. Please email
me
your responses directly. I have to make a decision by the end of the
week.
(Tomorrow Night)

Thanks again
Jason Arms