RE: ftp monitor

Richard Fink ( rfink@worldpassage.net )
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:59:00 -0700

Curious as to what you did not like about Serv-U2.2 ?

It is simplicity plus, and bug free, supporting virtual domains and simple
administration... What did you find in it lacking ?

-Ric

At 01:53 PM 7/30/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I installed warftp on a server to test it out. Had trouble figuring it
>out and tried serv-u. Didn't care for that and wanted to go back to
>warftp. Now, when I try to start it from the "start menu icon" I get the
>following message:
>
>unknown file format for user database - I click OK - and this message
>appears:
>an application error has occurred - warftpd.exe - exception violation
>(0xc0000005)Address 0x77f6cc66.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>I have IIS 3.0 and its ftp server running on my web server and can't
>down it to play around with warftp learning how to set it up. I really
>don't want to be here at 3 am trying to get it going - which would be
>the only time I could down the site. I am amazed that Microsoft coded
>the ability to handle multiple domains in IIS and forgot that each of
>those domains might need its own FTP server! Suggestions?
>
>Carol Katz
>Elite Federal Forms, Inc.
>(410) 647-9691 EST

Richard Fink Tel: 415 381-0215
WorldPassage Fax: 415 381-0822
P.O.Box 2339 rfink@worldpassage.net
Mill Valley, CA 94942 http://www.worldpassage.net
WorldPassage is a Premier Internet Service Provider
owned and operated by RainTree Computer Systems, Inc.