Re: ftp monitor

Greg Weaver ( greg@weaver.net.au )
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:39:59 +1000

At 09:38 pm 28/07/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I've heard that uninstalling warftp removes some necessary DLLs from your
>system.

I installed WarFTP and had a lot of trouble with it crashing quite
regularly on NT4.0 SP 3. Also its a little difficult to configure without
starting and stopping the service IMHO.

Pity as it did work rather well when it was going.

You can get warFTP from

http://home.sol.no/jgaa/

I'm now using WFTPD Pro, which is very good. It supports virtual servers
and it has a windows where you can 'spy' on connected users if you like.

Currently it has a problem with denying access based on FTP, but I've been
promised that this will be fixed in the next couple of weeks.

You get more info on this product from

http://www.wftpd.com/

Regards

Greg Weaver

PERSONAL INTERNET SERVICES - http://www.weaver.net.au
Internet and Computer Consulting
Ph. +61 2 9568-5457 Fx. +61 2 9564-5485
Mobile (0411) 429958 mailto: greg@weaver.net.au

"The truth is out there........ But so are lies"