Re: MS-DNS migration

Matthew Hoover ( (no email) )
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:13:13 -0500

You should be able to do this from the NT DNS server. Create an account
on your Nt machine that has the same username and password as the
administrator account on the computer you are trying to edit. Logon to
your computer with that account (this is all in assumption you alreday have
a connection to the net) go to the DNS Manager - and select add new server.
Type in the IP # of the server you want to administer and, wamo the dns
records will come up ready to be edited

If you are a Bind person - I believe you can create the files and edit them
just like you would in Bind. (not sure) Nt writes them in Bind
format....of course you
would need a telnet program or something to be able to access the dns files
ftp?

Matt Hoover
CIOE Corporation

----------
> From: Don Lloyd Jr. <don@lloyd.org>
> To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: RE: MS-DNS migration
> Date: Tuesday, July 15, 1997 12:40 PM
>
> >Don't, use the NT port of bind!
> >
> >Kurt A. Butzin, DDS
> >Molarnet Technologies, Inc. (An Internet Solutions Provider)
>
> I second this! I used it for about 2 days before quickly reverting to
the
> FreeBSD-based DNS server. (That's freeware unix for uninformed :-)
>
> I'm looking for a NT-based solution, but needs to have
> remote-administration features, so I can add/modify DNS poopy from home
or
> a clients place.
>
> -Don
>
> Don Lloyd Jr If we take care of the days, 602.531.4046
mb