Re: ISPCON:Anyone coming?

Phillip Heller ( (no email) )
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 20:04:13 -0400

Nope, prices are pretty much set in stone. You may want to join a travel
club just for some good rates on a hotel. I'm a member of encore and I
found hotel in SF that was less than 50 feet from the Hilton. I paid $45 /
night. It was definitely not spectacular, but my modem worked from the
room, so I was happy :-) Also, I paid $144 for my flight (United).
You'll also find that calls from the GTE airphones on United are flat-rate
on domestic calls. $15 per call. I hooked up the laptop on the way to SF
and on the way Back. It was pretty neat playing network doom from the
plane. (I got a 14.4k connect)

Later,
Phil
Phillip A. Heller http://www.csonline.net/pheller
Internet Engineer, CSOnline pheller@csonline.net
Computer Showcase (814) 677-2447
** My thoughts aren't necessarily endorsed by my employer **