Re: Mounting drives across the internet

Darryl Harvey ( darryl@myemail.com.au )
Wed, 09 Jul 1997 14:58:25 +1000

James A. Tucker wrote:

> When you reference NT Domain are you referencing PDC or BDC NT Server? What about a standalone setup?

The sole purpose of the exercise is to obtain connectivity over the net
between two remote offices. They only have one NT Server, so it would be
a PDC. No BDC exists..

> Second question, what type of access to the database? Do you want to access the raw database file from Microsoft Access or do you just need to be able to modify the records of the database? The latter can be done with IDC/HTX scheme with IIS 2.0 and above, ASP with IIS 3.0 and above, or Cold Fusion.

They need to modify records. (Update the DB and occasional reporting)

Tell me more about IDC/HTX, ASP cold fusion.. These could be viable
options. We are on a tight budget, to set this up!

Security is not a huge problem. the data is not sensitive.