Re: Microsoft Down

ba@interconnect.net
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 22:43:22 GMT

Nope problem is something new.....its called ssping....nasty spin off
of the ping of death just causes your machine to freeze.....

only prevention as of now ....filter ICMP at the router......looks
like MS has done that now.......try to ping them and you will not get
a reply....but you should be able to hit their site.

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:51:12 -0500, you wrote:

>They've been hit pretty hard lately. The last denial of service attack =
shook them up pretty good, I think.