Re: modems upgrade

Andrew D. Smith ( (no email) )
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 17:07:04 -0400

At PC EXPO both USR (56k)and Lucent (K56 Flex) promised they would provide
an upgrade to THE 56K standard when arrived at. Lucent said it would be a
software upgrade, USR said they would upgrade the modem (probably software,
but did not say it) USR also suggested that consumers should purchase the
modems, take them home and try them, and if they did not receive a
significant speed increase USR would take them back.