Re: How to get rid off " Ctrl,Alt,Del"

Dan Waldron ( (no email) )
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 19:58:25 +1000

Automatically Log On a User when NT Boots

For NT 3.51:
Use REGEDT32.EXE, and search for the key
Fill in the keys DefaultDomainName, DefaultUserName, and DefaultPassword
with the values of the already-established Windows NT user. You may have to
add the DefaultPassword key.

Then choose Add Value from the menu and add a new key, named
AutoAdminLogon. Select REG_SZ for the Data Type. Enter "1" (without the
quotes) in the String field.

Save the changes and restart - Windows NT should automatically log the
system on as that user!

For NT 4.0:
Windows NT 4.0 users will find that the above method does not work
properly. The easiest method is to simply download the Microsoft TWEAKUI
powertoy! It has a tab labled "NETWORK" that allows you to specify what
user id and password you want NT 4.0 to automatically use for logging on
during the boot process.

NOTE: This can be a BIG security problem - only use it on machines that are
physically secured, or on which you don't care about the security!