Re: WAS ISP Billing Programs Blooming

BA ( ba@interconnect.net )
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 11:00:08 -0500

Great that is the sort of feedback I am looking for. We face that =
problem
all the time do we add more staff or try our best to do it all ourselves.
I do find the support a little on the slow side "sometimes" when I was
trying to get a test of Emerald up.

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997 08:32:47 -0500, Michael Whisenant so eloquently =
wrote:

> [...]
>more cash flow to IEA, and still have not gotten a response. Dale does
>answer almost 1/3 of the postings to this list, and has done a great
>job. With his new child and yes he too has a life, I question his
>ability to be the sole person to support this product. I guess as in
>any business he is facing the 'chicken and egg' problem. Do I add staff
>which costs money to grow further, or do I try and tackle it myself. =20
>
> I have used Emerald/RadiusNT for over a year. It is a great and
>tremendous product. I have reviewed the software that you mention, but
>find Emerald is still ahead of the pack. For my money, I have chosen
>Emerald.
>

>Danny Sinang wrote:
>>=20
>> Well, NTPaymaster ( http://www.imagen.net ) is a $670 ( there is a =
special
>> beta price ) billing software that could import Radius log files and
>> generate invoices. They claim to have a web interface.
>>=20
>> Since I haven't been able to make Emerald work ( since nobody has =
answered
>> my plea for help ), I don't know if the two are comparable.
>>=20
>> ISP Billing ( http://www.isp-billing.com ) is REALLY feature packed =
and
>> free for 150 users or less. It can get its input from Radius, but it
>> requires you to set up some perl script to email your bills.
>>=20
>> ISP Manager ( http://www.omegasoftware.com ) is a low priced ( $500 )
>> billing software with great reporting capabilities and a nice =
interface.
>> Its reports ( Crystal Reports based .rpt ) can be posted on the web =
thru
>> the use of Crystal Report's web engine. The only drawback I see is =
that ISP
>> Manager only interfaces with NT RAS. If you're into RAS, you'll find =
its
>> integration really nice. You can create users with the billing =
software
>> itself. I will ask them if they've a Radius version available.
>>=20
>> GreenSoft's software is nice, but it's steeply priced.
>>=20
>> Let me know which one you'll pick.
>>=20
>> - Danny Sinang
>> ----------
>> > From: BA <ba@interconnect.net>
>> > To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
>> > Subject: WAS ISP Billing Programs Blooming
>> > Date: Tuesday, June 24, 1997 9:27 AM
>> >
>> > Ok we are fixing to take the plunge into a ISP billing package and =
we
>> > currently have running a stripped version radiusNT meaning it just =
has
>> > usernames and passwords in an access db
>> >
>> > We were thinking emerald for sure (the price is very =
high)...however,