Re: ieak

Ronnie D. Franklin ( ronnie@itexas.net )
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 00:54:02 -0500

The animated images is documented in one of the IEAK FAQ's... the excerpt
is included below:

I have the IEAK version of I.E. 3 and want to be able to change the
rotating "e" that shows Internet explorer is working to a company icon. Is
this possible?

The update to 3.01 permits this. Download the update from
http://www.microsoft.com/ie/ieak/patch.htm and run it.

The following is a good procedure to get a working animated logo:

The steps marked in italics are suggestions for improved results if you do
not have the tools to perform these functions (All of these steps are
possible with Paint Shop Pro, an inexpensive image editor available as
shareware, and most professional image editors should have equivalent
functions).

•Load the file ieak\DOCS\BITMAPS\WIN95\38X38A.BMP into your editor.
•Increase the color depth to 15M colors
•Replace each frame with a frame from your animation DO NOT CHANGE THE
DIMENSIONS
•Save the hi-color version
•Reduce the color count to a 256 color palette with as few colors as
possible in addition to the Windows System colors.
•Save the 38x38 animation file
•Save the palette
•(Reduce the width to 26) THIS IS AN ALTERNATE STEP TO THE FOLLOWING
RECOMMENDED STEPS
•Reload the hi-color version
•Re-sample the width to 26 (the height will follow as long as you preserve
the aspect ratio).
•Run a sharpen filter on the image (or sharpen-more)
•Load the palette from the 38x38 animation to reduce the color count
•Save the 26x26 animation

NOW FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE HERE IN THE FAQ FOR RE-CREATING **ALL** INS FILES.
IF YOU DO NOT UPATE ALL INS FILES, YOUR ANIMATED LOGO WILL APPEAR TO NOT
INSTALL.

ronnie@itexas.net