Re: 56K / X2 pricing

Joe Bissot ( sysop@pcinternet.net )
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 22:59:41 -0700

To truly be price fixing the combined impact of our discussion would have
to be able to actually fix a price in a given market. It is beyond the
scope of this list and its users to fix prices. If we all agree on a price
increase that will not do didly. And non competition agreements are
perfectly legal. In fact I would consider it a near impossibility to
actually fix internet access prices. Even if the big guys all standardized
and upped there prices, the local ISPs would just flourish. Only if the big
guys fixed prices would there be any basis for any charges whatsoever, and
even then that would depend on the locality impacted. In my part of the
woods it would be nearly impossible to fix prices. Never mind the
nationals, there are at least 10 other ISPs local to me.