Re: NS Commerce Server & Perl

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:39:49 -0400

At 10:23 AM 6/15/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I am having difficulty getting perl and NS Commerce Server 1.1 to play
>"nice" together. If someone could point me in the way of a site that has a
>perl compilation for NT3.51 sp5 that *works* as well as some *very* basic
>instructions on how to implement, I would be most grateful.
>
>I STFW with no luck, and NS does not offer support for Commerce Server any
>longer.

Try the implementation at http://www.activeware.com -- you won't be able to
use the ISAPI implementation, but the baisc one might work.

FWIW, CGI on Netscape's NT servers REALLY sucks. You should change servers
to either WebSitePro or (my choice) IIS 3.0. The Activeware implementation
has an IIS ISAPI implementation that is really quite excellent.