Re: MIDI & IIS 3.0

Jared Edis ( (no email) )
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:07:09 -0700

Use:
<EMBED SRC="SONG.MID" autostart=true loop=true hidden=true><BGSOUND
SRC="song.mid" loop=infinite>
(with the HKEY... stuff) It works for me.

At 10:10 PM 6/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know what the proper registry entry is for enabling MIDI on an
IIS 3.0 server?
>I thought it was:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurentControlSet\Services\InetInfo\Parameters\Mim
eMap
>and then adding the value: audio/basic,mid,,<:REG_SZ
>
>Dumb old IE 3.02 NT won't play the file but Netscape does? I tried the
different HTML tags:
><embed src="Audio/dp.mid" align="baseline"
> border="0" width="144" height="56" autostart="true">
>
>AND
>
>IE specific: <bgsound src="Audio/dp.mid" loop="1">
>
>Any way I slice it IE won't play the file. The error message is: File Type
Not Supported.

>Any suggestions, please?
>
>Thanks,
>Albert

Jared Edis (IMG Network and Okanagan Computer Systems)
Mailto:jared@img.net http://www.img.net/ocs

God put me on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I'm so far behind I will never die!