Re: Feedback on performance, reliablility of Digi PC/Xem

Petar Nikolich ( petar@escape.net.au )
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 23:20:14 -0000

Well, the system I have a 16port Xem installed in is a Pentium 100
with 32Mb RAM and is used as a dial-in server for a small internet
service. With ALL lines in use (33.6k modems 57.6k feeds) the
cpu utilisation sits at about 6% - 10%. It also acts as the web
server for half a dozen domains (IIS) and I still have about 6Mb of
physical ram free on that system. I get more cpu activity from the system
when I move the mouse.

So I guess that means those other vendors are talking out their
backsides! I tried a couple other serial card products 18months ago
and decided to go with the Digi gear. It seems they all have their own
'special' benchmark reports on why their system is best.

...Petar