Re: changed ip

Randy Martin ( randy@austintx.net )
Fri, 06 Jun 1997 12:03:48 -0500

At 09:45 AM 6/6/97 -0700, you wrote:
>a few days ago my upstreem provider had me change my ip numbers. Somer how
it was not supposed to effect my customers right ? Now my dns has a
different ip address and they can't find it.after hours of trying to find
out why we figured out that when they log on my server is still assigning
my old dns ip as the dns server. I can't find where it's storeing that old
number. We finally brought up another temperary dns server with the old ip
and now everone can get on again. Can anyone tell me where nt is storeing
that number. I have scaned the registry for hours looking for that old
address and can't find it. Where is it ?
>Attachment Converted: "d:\win32app\Eudora\Attach\changed ip"

It's at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Tcpip/Parameters/NameSe
rver

Regards,

Randy

Randy Martin Voice: (512) 335-2368