Re: Good Mail Server for NT?

BA ( ba@interconnect.net )
Sun, 01 Jun 1997 01:29:48 -0500

Have to agree with you there....seems we both had to two totally =
different
unlimited
users and we really didn't need or even use the support, however, the =
whole
deal of bailing out on the unlimited user people with an upgrade left a
sour taste in my mouth, especially since 2.0 had a serious security hole =
in
it. So I bailed out on post.office totally and all the new setups I do =
and
any consulting will be using NTMail. Post.Office is actually a good
product, especially for smaller scale operations. It gets to be costly =
as
you get up there in the users. I am also looking forward to using a
radiusNT database to authenticate all my users in NTMail.

Cheers

On Fri, 30 May 1997 11:35:08 -0600, Franco Nogarin so eloquently wrote:

>Thats kind of funny, (I dont want to start a debate) but I have had =
exactly the opposite experience, I bought NTMail and betaed the hell out =
of it with them and I found support was lacking and that any willingness =
to take beta testers advice was just not there, after I switched to post =
office and found it much better, got in the beta program and of course =
became concerned with security issues and such, I found the support to be=
very fast, and response to beta concerns was serious and immediate, I =
guess it goes to show that two good(or bad) companies can be seen in two =
very opposite lights.