AW: RE: RE: NT Install Question.

Peter A. Sang ( (no email) )
Fri, 30 May 1997 11:03:16 +0200

I'm not absolutely sure, but out of my head it should work similar to

a. install the 2nd machine as DC (without a connection)
b. establish a connection (direct or remote, it's not an issue). Test if
each server can access the other by it's windows name
c. in Server Manager, select your current domain and ADD the new server
with it's _exact_ windows name to the Domain security. After a few
seconds it should appear as BDC in the menue, test if a double-click
shows the status.
d. select 'synchroninize domain' or promote the new server to PDC and
back (please wait for ~10 minutes in between).

To the best of my knowledge this should do the job...
Please tell me/us if it worked!
cu, Peter
-
Peter A. Sang
SANG Computersysteme GmbH * Kruppstr. 82-100 * 45145 Essen * Germany
T: +49-201-82020-0 * F:-40 * http://sang.net * mailto:pesa@sang.net
* Microsoft Solution Provider * Intel Systems Integrator *