Re: Post stopping, must restart manually (3.02M)

Kelly Wright ( (no email) )
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 05:40:08 -0500

Dale,

We have unhappy customers. Do you have any ideas why this is happening?

Kelly Wright (kelly@buz.net)
BuzNet Communications
http://www.buz.net
972-644-0440

----------
From: Jeff Tuttle <jtuttle@sanantonio.net>
To: 'David Kerr' <dkerr@phonet.com>
Cc: 'ntmail-discuss@net-shopper.co.uk'
Subject: RE: Post stopping, must restart manually (3.02M)
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 1997 10:42 PM

We never had this problem until we implemented the external dll
authentication abilities of NTMail. The system has been running for a very
long time without ANY problems.

It appears that POST doesn't crash (no Watson's, no Event log entries
etc...) it just appears to stop delivering mail until a 'mail -k' is
issued. During times of failing to send mail, the service is still running
and can easily be stopped via the GUI or command line and restarted when it
returns to a normal state (for a short while).

Rather that doing a "net start/stop post", a simple mail -k does the trick.

Both BRian and Dale are fully aware of this situation.

jeff