Re: Authentication problems with Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:56:42 -0700

Mike Miller wrote:

> Hello once again all:
>
> Recently, about two weeks ago, we officially put Emerald on our network
> for authenticating of our X2 users as well as the accounting for all
> terminal servers as it had been doing. From time to time there is a
> strange glitch where a user just can't seem to log in. The only way to
> fix this problem is deleting and re-adding the MBR. I've checked the
> calls online tab and the user isin't hung on any port, so it's not a
> concurrency issue. Has anyone had this authentication problem and/or
> know the fix for it?

The only thing I could think of is that the user expired or was set
to inactive.. Re-creating the user would change their expiration date
and re-activate them.

I would have to attach to your database and look at the user to tell
you why the user is not being authenticated. If you have an example
either mail me, or call support.