Re: HELP! Lost my server!

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 16:57:39 -0400

> From: Will LaSala <will@greennet.net>
> I just upgraded to Radius 2.2 and all of the sudden
> SQL decided that it was going to delete the Master
> Database! Well that means that all my other databases are no longer
> available.
> Well that means the Emerald Database with all my customers information
> is gone. I checked the Hard Drive and found that the files
> Emerald.Dat and EmeraldLog.Dat are still there so all is not lost!
> I just have no clue on how to make SQL Server see those DAT files again.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is going to sound a little strange, but are you sure it wasn't a
problem with too many logins into the db? I only ask because that happened
to me this morning--it said there were 15 logins and the only thing
accessing the db at the time was Radius! I had to stop Radius and
MSSQLServer, then restart them before I was able to get back into Emerald,
ISQL/w. The weird thing thing was that our web-based IDC script was
pulling information on current callers as if there was nothing wrong.
Strange.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com