Re: Complexing Database Error

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:28:28 -0700

Ian Pizey wrote:

> ODBC: SQLConnect Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Database
> 'Emerald' cannot be opened - it has been marked SUSPECT by recovery.
> The SA can drop the database with DBCC.Retry 3 (926)
> ODBC Datasource: 'Radius'...

This is typical of SQL Server after a dirty shutdown. It can take from
5 mins
to many hours (depending on DB size) to recover the database.

> Making ODBC Connection...
> ODBC: SQLConnect Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unable to
> connect. The maximum number of '20' configured user connections are already con
> nected. System Administrator can configure to a higher value Retry 5 (17809)
>
> Any idea on what I can check to make this work again. Have current
> backups of the Emerald and Master Dat files on tape and in Dump
> Devices.

If you are using RadiusNT 1.16.60, there is a possibility it used up all
your connections trying to re-connect to the database while it was in
its
recovery mode. Stop RadiusNT, and after a few minutes, the connections
should timeout and drop and you can get into your database.