Re: Acceptable Mail progs. with Emerald??

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:44:36 -0700

Silyn-Tek Support Team wrote:

> I have seen the list of mail programs that can be integrated into the
> Emerald package, but does anyone know if SLMail v2.5 can be used with
> Emerald???
>
> Will I need to get something else to put on my Emerald/NT server to
> use just for Emerald??

Currently, it does not. We have been looking into Rockliffe, SLMail,
IMail,
abd AVMail. None of them have external authentication, and only have
local batch as a means of managing the user database. That means we
would
have to do a LOT of work to create a sync, and you would have to jump
through
hoops to make it work. Not something we like to make our users do. :(

Currently, only Post.Office, Netscape, and NTMail are supported.