RE: Big Problem with SQL Logs

Peter A. Sang ( (no email) )
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:35:09 +0200

Once again, Will: not YOU, but the SQL server engine REQUIRES the
appropriate rights to write to this device!!!!
Since SQL is (usually) running with SYSTEM priviledges, the device MUST
exist on the SQL server machine ITSELF!!!!
Please try again: Create a share on this machine and execute:

dump database Emerald to disk =
'\\YourSQLserverName\YourShareOnThisVeryMachine\EmeraldDump1.dat' with
>init, stats=5

What happens now?
With the commands I told some days ago your TL should be almost empty.
So you should be able to save new records...

-
Peter A. Sang
SANG Computersysteme GmbH * Kruppstr. 82-100 * 45145 Essen * Germany
T: +49-201-82020-0 * F:-40 * http://sang.net * mailto:pesa@sang.net
* Microsoft Solution Provider * Intel Systems Integrator *