Re: Address verification in credit card batch processing

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 07 Jun 1997 09:13:24 -0700

Carmine Inteso wrote:

> Is anyone doing address verification with
> CardService PC. The file that is created
> during the credit card batch process in Emerald
> does not seem to have the address fields added to it.

Yes. I know a couple of people who are using Card Services.
It looks like AVS is NOT being created for this batch type.
The batch file is:

TransType, Usernam, ExternalTransID, CC Number, CC Expire, Amount

> It seems like Emerald is requesting the data from the
> SQL server (as far as I can tell, using SQL Trace)
> but not putting it into the created file.

It does a generic request of all data needed, and then depending
on WHICH format you have configured, it uses the data for the format.
Several of the other batch types do use AVS. Its not that CS can
not, its just that all the Emerald customers using it (that I have
talked to) didn't use it.

If you send me the information on the fields you need for AVS
I can look into adding it.