bug in 2.1.11?

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 15:54:59 -0400

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I just noticed it for the first
time yesterday. Is the "Amount" under an MBR's "Billing" tab supposed to
display the total for active services as well as INactive services? I've
noticed that it displays both instead of just the active ones:

We had an MBR with 5 services: 2 virtually hosted domains, 1 co-located
server, 2 PPP accounts. A few weeks ago, this customer wanted to hold off
on everything but the 2 PPP accounts, so instead of deleting the 3 other
services, I just simply marked each of them inactive. The next time an
invoice was created, it showed everything correctly (just the 2 PPP
accounts) and showed the correct dollar amounts on the invoice.
Yesterday, I "moved" one of the PPP accounts and one of the (inactive)
virtual domains from the original MBR to a newly created MBR. There were
no problems doing that from what I could tell. The inactive service
remained inactive and the PPP service still was active, just as it should
be, but what I noticed was that under the Billing tab, the Amount displayed
the dollar amount as if all services were still active (and being billed).
The same thing happened with the original MBR. It showed the dollar amount
for all service (inactive and active). I created new invoices for each MBR
and only the active services showed up and the total amount was the correct
amount (reflecting only the active services).
I don't know if the "Amount" under "Billing" displayed this behavior in
previous versions of Emerald.

Emerald 2.1.11
SQL Server 6.5
NT 4.0 SP3

Josh Hillman