Re: emeraldonline.idc

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 30 May 1997 11:08:55 -0400

> From: John Lange <radadmin@palacenet.net>
> I had it working perfectly untill one day my server crashed. I'm now
> running iis 3 and can't seem to get it going. I created an user called
> AnonUser & added it to the Emerald/SQL users group, set up the anon user
> stuff in iis manager. Depending on what I do, all it seems to do is ask
> for a username & password or let me dl the .idc

Make sure that IIS has the directory/virtual path where your IDC files are
located, have execute rights as well as read. This is in IIS Manager --
not NTFS... (though you may need to check them as well).
Also you may want to give read permissions to specific columns in your SQL
tables (that are related to your IDC file) to IUSR_MACHINENAME. DON'T give
that user read permissions to the whole table--just the specific column
names. This is how I got mine running. The one I use is different from
"emeraldonline.idc", though it was based on it.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com