Re: Customer getting free internet

Pat Augustine ( ereth@ilnk.com )
Fri, 30 May 1997 18:26:29 -0400

At 11:22 AM 5/30/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I seem to have a new problem in an otherwise problem free emerald system,
I have a customer who is using an SA of an MBR with 5 SAs, when she logs on
every thing goes normal, but when I check her billing history it says she
has never been on, I personaly went to her location and logged on as her
with her name and password and when I telneted into the portmaster it
showed her as logged on. when I check her account with radlogin all appears
normal.

>We are using emerald 2.1.11
>and radius 1.16.60
>
>Franco Nogarin
>Cascade-AuroraNet-WebSpinners
>webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca

I've seen this with long loginnames, depending on which version of the
database you created your setup with. In my case, Emerald will allow up to
16 characters for a login name, but the calls table will only hold 12, so
when a call is attempted to be inserted into the calls table with a name
longer than 12 characters, it is rejected as having too long a name. The
user never appears online in any report, but signs on/off without difficulty.
My database was created some time back and will be re-created when we get
the next database fix (I figured I'd wait for 2.2 and all it's changes to
dump and reload), and more recent versions of the SQL to create the
database have increased the value to 32 characters, so this may not be your
problem, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Pat Augustine
Interlink America