Re: Emerald & Resellers & NTMAIL.DLL(???)

Ryan Smith ( (no email) )
Thu, 1 May 1997 00:51:30 -0400

----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea.com>
To: emerald@emerald.iea.com
Date: Wednesday, April 30, 1997 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Emerald & Resellers

>Thomas, Philip wrote:
>>
>> Hopefully someone has figured out how to do this in emerald:
>>
>> 1. How can emerald handle resellers of our service?
>>
>> Simply put we have a ton of resellers of Internet access. So every
month
>> we actually do a count of how many customers then acutally have. Then
>> after this we calculate there percentage and cut them a check. Is it
>> possible to, or does emerald already have this feature, to print up a
>> report to determine who has what. And based on that information be able
>> to calculate there percentage?
>
>Its called "groups". Create a group for each reseller. A simple
>report on the number of MBRs per group is pretty straight forward.
>
>Emerald remote works on the same conecpt allowing them to only see
>and manage their own group.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)

Dale,

"Groups"??? Okay.. I understand that one, as we're gearing up to do some
major reselling down here to.. BUT, there's no way to have Emerald
calculate one bill for the entire group is there? From what it seems to me,
in Emerald 2.1.8 and below at least, groups are merely for organizational
purposes. Almost purely asthtetic to keep things organized for the
operators sake.. They don't seem to have the true power that they would if
you could, for example, setup a group so all invoices run together and get
billed to one client, or pull up a report of utlization based on each group
(although, with CR this could easily be done)

Also, what's the status on the NTMAIL.DLL? You said on Friday I believe in
a msg that it would be out tomorrow, implying Saturday. That was the last I
heard anything..

Thanks,

Ryan Smith
ryans@logic-net.com