Re: Radius-ODBC Errors-SQL Errors

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 18:10:46 -0700

djanjic@NS.ROCKBRIDGE.NET wrote:

> Radius NT is working in text mode. The problem we are having is when
> we try to gonfigure it to work in ODBC mode and talk to Emerald. I
> have to say that some updated documentation with detailed
> instructions would greatly reduced number of questions on this list.
> I also have to say that we are very new to SQL Server, so most of the
> time we are in the the dark.

I am just completeing the new RadiusNT documentation that has a LOT of
informatoin about using RadiusNT, including the details needed for
Emerald as well. The New Emerald documenation is nearing 150 pages, and
we will be making it available to most users before the end of the
month.

> ODBC: SQLExecDirect Error:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name
> 'RadAttribut
> es'.

My guess is that you didn't specify a database for the RADIUS ODBC DSN.
Therefore RadiusNT is trying to use the default database (which most
likely
is not the Emerald database) and the default database doesn't have the
tables you need.

Edit the RADIUS DSN, click on options, and enter "Emerald" for the
database.

I am also getting error messages when I run "check Database in
> Emerald Admin. If you want I can send those errors messages also.

That you can safely ignore.