Re: CallsOnline and tempdb

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 01:36:45 -0700

David Khoury wrote:

> Great Dale!!! Just what we need. Could you email to the list when the
> stepping colsolidation is finished? Thanks.

Yes. I need to get back into the habit of posting the changes.txt and
version information.

> Just on the tempdb thing, I went to our SQL server today to try and up the
> size of the tempdb database. First went to expand the master device ... and
> found that it's maximum size was a negative number!! And the listed size of
> the device was the same as the maximum size. Of course, this makes it
> slightly hard to expand the master device. The funny thing was that this
> was the same on all the devices except for the EmeraldDev device.
>
> Maybey the SQL server wants all the devices as contingeuous files on the
> disk !?!?
>
> If anyone has seen this before, I'd appreciate a hint on how to resolve it.

I have seen it before. Open up isql_w and execute:

DBCC CheckDB(Master)

as well as any other DBs having problems like this. Typically it will
fix the
problem. DBCC has a lot of good options for correcting problems.