Re: login

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 22 May 1997 21:01:39 -0700 ()

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Josh Hillman wrote:

> If you were using Radius 1.16.60 (possibly .52), and some recent version of
> the OS used on the Max (such as 5.0A), you would be limited to I think 128
> character logins, however this is also limited by the column-size set for
> the login/username in the various database tables (if you're using
> ODBC-based authentication/accounting). I don't know what the limit is in
> using a text file, but I've got some 12 character logins that seem to work
> just fine when I need to revert back to the text file (strictly as a backup
> system--under normal circumstances, only the SQL database is ever used with
> our Radius).

The limit is 255 characters, as per the RFC spec, although I don't know
anyone who would want a login that long. :) Passwords are currently
limited to 16 characters, although we'll be adding the new RFC patch
for up to 255 characters (if the NAS supports the RFC length
recommendation).

You are correct is saying that ODBC is limited by the login/shell field
length.

Dale