Re: 2 different problems

Serge Stein/i2Tech ( Serge_Stein@i2.com )
9 Dec 96 20:56:10 EDT

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Kendrick Myatt wrote:

> 1) Still can't get RadiusNT to run as a service. Always terminates with:
> Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly. Currently trying to get it
> to run as stand alone, and that does not even work. Runs fine from the
> command prompt with one exception...

Did you do the "radius.exe -install"? You can't just start it as
"radius" to get it to run as a service. Once you have done the install,
then you need to go to the control panel applet, configure the
service and start it from there. Have you tried a "radius.exe -remove"
first, then the install?

> 2) When running from the command prompt, radiusnt works wonderfully as the
> primary radius server for my PM, but if I try to get it to verify a user as
> the alternate, I get nothing. Running it in debug mode I see nothing at
> all. Local radlogins work just fine... Is there something else I have to
> do in the PM to make it work other than specifying the IP of my server as
> the alternate authentic and alternate accounting? My other radius server is
> also a RadiusNT server, could that be a problem?

The second is ONLY hit if the first is down. Stop RadiusNT on the
first server and you should see activity on the second server.

Dale

-
RadiusNT Mailing list (radiusnt@iea.com)