Re: login

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 21 May 1997 18:01:33 -0400

> From: eric1 <eric1@netimationweb1.netimation.com>
> what is the maximum characters that can be used for login.
> the way we have it set up is that it can only accept 7 characters or
> less. We have a max 4004 and running radius nt 1.16.45. any suggestions
> would be appreciated.

If you were using Radius 1.16.60 (possibly .52), and some recent version of
the OS used on the Max (such as 5.0A), you would be limited to I think 128
character logins, however this is also limited by the column-size set for
the login/username in the various database tables (if you're using
ODBC-based authentication/accounting). I don't know what the limit is in
using a text file, but I've got some 12 character logins that seem to work
just fine when I need to revert back to the text file (strictly as a backup
system--under normal circumstances, only the SQL database is ever used with
our Radius).

I would definately suggest upgrading your RadiusNT to at least 1.16.60 and
if you need to, upgrade your Max software too. The latest version is
5.0Ai12. Without more info on your setup, I can't say much more.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com