Re: PERL SCRIPT

Ted Olson ( tolson@ocsnet.net )
Wed, 21 May 1997 09:06:12 -0700

Have you considered using Cold Fusion (http://www.allaire.com)? We use it
for all of our back-end db management, middleware for building intranet
systems, and so on. So far it has been able to handle any SQL query
controls we've needed. We haven't yet switched to ODBC or Emerald (still
working to get all of our NAS variety-pack authenticating commonly to
RadiusNT, but that's another story).

When we do make that change, my plan has been to use CF write a simple time
check routine for our users, with a date range specifier, time used and
time remaining, etc. History of usage too, depending on what we find
Dales's programs are actually storing.

Hope this helps,
-Ted