Re: ascend max vs pm3 off subject sort of

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 02 May 1997 14:24:25 -0700

Mike wrote:

> I'm setting up a new pop and am currently evaluating hardware.
>
> Should I purchase an Ascend unit (eyeing the 2024) or Livingston PM3? (I
> currently use PM2's)
>
> Both units perform essentially the same function but I don't know enough
> about the Ascends to make an informed decision.
>
> Any input from users of both units would be helpful.
>
> As a side note it seems Ascend users have more config problems than PM
> users.

We have both a PM3 and a Max 4004, and they seem preety equal. I like
the
PM3 better simply because I like what Livingston does better. The PM3
is easier to diagnose when there is a problem, and generally does what
we
want it do without having to fuss. Routing is easier on the PM3 as
well. :)