Re: Load Balancing

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 02:25:45 -0700

Philip Thomas wrote:

> I have some thoughts:
> So, is it possible to setup multiple RadiusNt servers based on one
> SQL(Emerald) Database? If that is possible then you could design a network
> with muiltple RadiusNt servers thus distributing the load accordingly.

Yes, and that is typically what most people do. We have four RadiusNT
servers here, two primary accounting and two primary authentication.
They are secondaries for the other as well. When you are getting a lot
of hits/minute (larger number of ports), this layout works very well.
The minimal any site should have is two RadiusNT servers hitting
the same database.