Re: Authentication ?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:39:04 -0700

Greg Lowthian wrote:

> I have two PM-3's remote from my Radius servers. Is it possible to have a
> secondary authentication server that will ignore username and password and
> let anyone on if the link to the primary goes down for a short time. I
> don't want to maintain two user databases.

No. RadiusNT 2.2 will have failover upon ODBC failover in case of ODBC
failure, though. This typically will be either an MS Access database,
or
users file.

> On a second note has anyone figured out how to use the NT/SAM bug to pull
> username and passwords from an NT server.

RadiusNT 1.19.00 has the ability to reverse them out on the fly. You
add the
users to ODBC and put "WINNT" as their password and enable the option.
Whenever
RadiusNT authenticates a user successfully (with PAP) it will then save
the
unencrypted password into the database, replacing the "WINNT".