Re: SQL and RadiusNT READ THIS ONE FIRST!

Philip Thomas ( (no email) )
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 00:03:53 -0700

What kind of load do you actually have? #of ports # of average
autentication withing a minute span? Better yet how have you set up your
network?
----
From: Sam Dibrell, Jr. <sam@stic.net>
To: radiusnt@emerald.iea.com
Date: Thursday, April 17, 1997 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: SQL and RadiusNT READ THIS ONE FIRST!

Hi again,

I was visited by the spirit of RadiusNT shortly after composing the last
message, changed the SQL ODBC driver to not use a trusted connection and
checked the connection again. BINGO. SOOO, ignore that stuff. New
problem though:

I am seeing response times of no less than 2000ms. The average was
probably around 3500ms for an ACK from the SQL. Experience tells me that
if left to run, around 5:00 radius (or the portmasters) will back up and
stop authenticating. Any ideas on the latency?

Thanks,

Sam Dibrell, Jr.
System Administrator
South Texas Internet Connections, Inc.