Re: Cisco 2511 & RadiusNT

Manny Arizala ( (no email) )
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 17:10:00 +0000

> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 00:12:34 -0700
> From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea.com>
> To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: Re: Cisco 2511 & RadiusNT

> Manny Arizala wrote:
> >
> > we are using cisco 2511 Access Server and RadiusNT for
> > authentication and accounting. i am using the basic user's file
> > setting on radiusNT
> >
> > username Password = "password"
> > User-Service = Framed-User
> >
> > and
> >
> > aaa new-model
> > aaa authentication login nouser line
> > aaa authentication login rad1 radius
> > aaa authentication ppp default radius
> > aaa accounting network stop-only radius
> > enable secret <secret>< intentionally deleted>
> > enable password <pssword>< intentionally deleted>
> >
> > on our Cisco 2511, but we are experiencing time-out's on our Access
> > Server. we cannot ping it, we could not telnet on it co'z the Access
> > server somewhat hangs or died..and it tooks some time for it to
> > come back.. i don't if this cause by RadiusNT or what or my setting
> > are just not right... pls. give me some information about this or if
> > anybody had experience this pls. give me some information what
> > solution you had made...
>
> When you start RadiusNT and try and log into the Cisco, what happens
> and what is displayed on the RadiusNT side?

I am running RadiusNT as a service, but i tried running it before in
command line and it says

??? Users loaded
users
users
?????
etc...
waiting for request.... or something like that....

so i think there no problem with that, but when you run it as a
service...it's really hard to monitor what's going on...
now the only solution i am doing about this time-out to disconnect
the Cisco to the network hub... and put it back again... we are
running 6 other Cisco Access Servers connected to a unix machine and
it seem that this Cisco 2511 connected to RadiusNT is the only one
having problem.
Manny Arizala - SysAd
email: mcarizala@cci.cnl.net
Claretian Communications, Inc.