Re: Make RadiusNT NOT Respond?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 02:43:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Robin Greenhagen wrote:

> Dale,
> Is there a way to make RadiusNT NOT respond to a request? We are helping
> a client migrate from the Radius formerly known as Universal (Kinda like
> the Artist formerly known as Prince :)). The plan is to set up the
> RadiusNT to debug passwords, and then capture that to a text file for a
> month or so. By that time we should have a sufficient number of
> username/password combos to convert them to RadiusNT.
> The RadiusNT would be the primary auth server on the NAS, and the
> Universal one will be the secondary, so that when the primary doesnt
> respond, it will eventually hit the secondary.
> Perhaps a -q for "quiet mode" is in order...

Boy thats really grasping, isn't it? :)

Currently there isn't a way to do this. What kind of users
file or list does the unet product use? RadiusNT 1.90.0
can replace UNIX and WINNT passwords in the database with the
un-encrypted password, very simliar to what you are talking
about doing.

Plus, this is only useful for PAP, since CHAP is already
encrypted.

Dale