Re: WhatsUp monitoring of RadiusNT

Mitch Wagers ( wizard@telcentral.net )
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 15:20:56 -0500

Create a batch program in your radius directory(where radlogin exists).
Make sure you have the drive with your radius server mapped if your whatsup
monitor is not on the same machine. The batch program should contain one
line...

radlogin username password

Whatsup can run this program from the mapped drive, now getting it to know
whether the authentication was good or not is another story. These are
just hints...

At 04:02 PM 4/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Can you elaborate? Thanks!
>
>At 02:12 PM 4/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>Set it up to use radlogin, make sure you create a batch program for the
>>command line :)
>>
>>At 11:38 AM 4/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>>How do I setup WhatsUp from IPswitch V2.13 to monitor the Radius service on
>>>my NT server? I'm looking to do more than just a ping or echo. I want to
>>>make sure that the Radius service itself hasn't died.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Mike

TelCentral Internet Technical Support
bam@telcentral.net