Re: isdn/analog calls

Christian Gatti ( )
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 18:38:28 +0200 (MET DST)

>Christian Gatti wrote:
>> Hi,
>> As we are now also providing ISDN connection with the PM3
>> we need to be able to limit the users to the following:
>> Users paying for an analog connection should NOT be able
>> to make an ISDN connection. Users paying for an ISDN connection
>> should be able to make both analog or isdn connects.
>> Can this be done with RadiusNT using the NAS-Port-Type
>> Radiusattribute? If so which settings are needed in order
>> to make it?
>RadiusNT 1.19.0 will support server access based on account types.
>We will be expanding this to check items and a couple of other
>fields as well. This is ODBC only, though.
>If you are using text mode, then you can put the NAS-Port-Type = Async
>attribute for all dialup users, and just leave it off for ISDN
>customers. That should do what you want.

We use radiusnt in ODBC mode only but without the SQL server at the
moment.(we plan to do so in a few weeks)

I added the attribute NAS-Port-Type for the PPP account and checking
it with radlogin is OK as it tells mee that the NAS-Port-Type is async.
for that user but ISDN callers can still login using that PPP account
also they are not connecting to an async. port.

What can be wrong? Do I need the SQL server for this to work?