Re: parsing detail file

Ted Olson ( tolson@ocsnet.net )
Sat, 05 Apr 1997 09:54:50 -0800

At 06:15 PM 4/5/97 +0100, you wrote:
>I am looking for an tool to convert the detail accounting file to
>ms-excel or another software. I need the max. online time from users,
>how many calls they made, how many kb download etc.
>
>Anyone knows one ?

You can do this yourself: 1) save the detail file periodically as a
different name, 2) create a matching template in any flat-file database, 3)
import the saved detail file, 4) delete the unnecessary fields, 5) parse the
remaining fields to clean them up, 6) design reports that subtract
start-stop times from matching session IDs and other items you want. Then,
do this all over again for your next accounting period, and create a method
for multi-period consolidation.

Or, you can just buy Emerald (www.emerald.iea.com).