Re: Timeout Problems

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:30:35 -0500

Eddie,
Judging by the "max2.points.net", I'm assuming you're using an Ascend Max
something. If that's the case, you don't use "Idle-Timeout"--instead, you
use "Ascend-Idle-Limit".

Emerald Admin / Config Radius / Defaults
Select your PPP service type (and any others you want this applied to) and
remove Idle-Timeout and replace it with Ascend-Idle-Limit. Be sure to save
each one of them as you modify them.

You may also need to apply this to the Max, itself:
Ethernet / Connections / (connection profile) / Session Options / Idle=900
and
Ethernet / Answer / Session options / Idle=900

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

----------
> From: Eddie Wieder <eddiew@lvdi.net>
> To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: Timeout Problems
> Date: Thursday, April 03, 1997 6:07 AM
>
> > >See the Attribute Idle-Timeout to 900 in the RadAtConfigs or
> > >RadConfigs Table, appropraitely.
> >
> > I have tried adding the above, no luck.
> > Account Type, RadAttributeID, Data, Value
> > under RadAtConfigs I add PPP, 28, Idle-Timeout, 900
> >
> > And tried similer under RadConfigs Table.
>
> >You may have some settings on your NAS that is overwriting this.
>
> > Is there a way to log the Caller-ID and/or display it under
CallsOnline.

> >You can add fields to the Calls table that is the same as the
> >attribute name, without the dashes.
>
> >Are you reffierin to the On-Line tab in Emerald or the table
> >in the database?
>
> I am reffierin to the Table.
>
> Got the CallerID in the Calls. Works Great, Thanks.
>
> Still having that darn timeout problem. I checked every place that has
NAS