Re: Dr. Watson Error on starting service

Chris Kurlinski ( chris@olsusa.com )
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:09:53 -0500

Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

> Chris Kurlinski wrote:
> >
> > I'm running NT 4.0, RadiusNT, MSSQL 6.5.1 and Emerald with a Computone
> > Power Rack. When I start the RadiusNT service I get a Dr. Watson error
> > that says
> >
> > Exception: Access Violation (0xc0000005),Address 0x7f6cb4e
> >
> > If I start RadiusNT from a command prompt I type
> >
> > C:\radius\radius.exe -o -x15
> >
> > and it works fabulously; accounting, SLIP, PPP, PAP. How can I set
> > RadiusNT the service to the same settings that I use at a command
> > prompt?
>
> Use the RadiusNT administrator. What options do you have set
> in there? Turn off all optioins, save it, and that should take
> care of the problem.

I tried that, I turned off everything except ODBC mode and I get the
same result. If I turn of ODBC mode I get "Could not start the RadiusNT
service on \\computername
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

--

Chris KurlinskiSystems AdministratorOn Line Services USA, Inc.http://www.olsusa.comchris@olsusa.com