Re: SHARING LIVINGSTON Term Serv and Separate RadiusNT databases

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 14:54:12 -0800

WebMaster wrote:

> Thank you Dale,
>
> Follow-up questions.
>
> 1 - Since both ISP's currently have their own separate class C's, is it
> even possible to use different IP pools ie: 198.7.7.xxx and 207.7.7.XXX.
> Neither ISP wants to change their class C to make this joint venture work.
> So, can we authenticate a user AND depending on which database he is found
> in, assign an IP from the pool of IP's assigned to that database?

On an Ascend max, you could create the two pools, and specify the pool.
I don't know if a portmaster can do this, since it only has one pool.

> 2 - If a user is not found in the first subset will it look in the second
> subset? What are the subsets used for? How are they maintained? Can each
> ISP maintain their own database without affecting the other?

To RadiusNT, its all the same database, so it searches them all. Its
just the client (where the ISP interfaces the database) where the split
occurs.