Re: Problems with ODBC Duplicates in Calls table

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:22:58 -0800

Jim Dornbush wrote:

> It appears that the my Radius server isn't responding fast enough? Is
> there a way to make the Portmaster wait a little longer? Some of the
> requests are taking 500 ms to respond (but radlogin comes back in less than
> 100 ms).

I really doubt it. I mean, the PM allows up to 3 seconds. even 500ms
would
mean you would have another 2.5 seconds of network. If radlogin is
showing
100ms, that means its 100ms ROUND TRIP. Thats pretty good.

> I tried to fix this by deleting and recreating the Calls table. It
> temporarily fixed the problem, but recurred in about 1/2 hour.

And after the 1/2 hour the time is STILL 100ms from radlogin? You may
have
some problems with indexes in the table. This could cause the SQL
Server to
slow down on authentication.

> Also, to get the users to authenticate, I need to use the secondary Radius
> server for authentication and the primary for accounting. If I don't do
> this, the users regularly get disconnected with an error "unable to
> negotiate connection".
>
> Any ideas or help?

Capture the -x15 debug for me when this stuff starts. Thats the best
thing for me to look at. Send it in private email to me and I'll
diag it.